Thank you Cacique® for sponsoring this post. Visit your local grocery store to pick up your fave Cacique® product for a delicious dinner tonight!
This easy grilled salmon with corn, cotija, cilantro, and green onions is ready in less than half an hour.
Internet, meet the easiest summer meal ever. Easiest summer meal ever, meet the internet.
Here’s what we’re working with:
- Wild Sockeye Salmon! Grill it up. All it needs is a little salt and pepper.
- Cotija Corn Salsa! We’re keeping it simple with just grilled corn, cilantro, lime juice, and green onion (although adding some jalapeno is both allowed and encouraged). I also used Cacique® Cotija here, and it crumbles so beautifully into the salsa – you get just the right amount of saltiness to balance out the sweet corn.
Cotija cheese is sturdy enough that it doesn’t get mushy or soak up too much lime juice, so you can make this salsa ahead of time if you like and keep it in the fridge. I like to mix the salsa while the salmon is grilling – all told, this meal never takes me more than 30 minutes (and if I pre-grill the corn, it takes even less time!)
This corn salsa is also super easy to customize: add some jalapenos, avocado, tomatoes, or whatever you have on hand! Sweet corn and salmon taste OH-so-good together, and the hint of saltiness from the Cotija adds some balance that really takes this meal from good to great.
Also, did I mention how quick and easy it is? Because this is seriously SO quick and SO easy.Print
Grilled Salmon with Cotija Corn Salsa
Easy grilled salmon recipe with grilled corn salsa.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
FOR THE SALMON:
- 1.5-2 lb. salmon fillet, cut into portions
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE SALSA:
- 4 ears corn, shucked and grilled with the kernels removed (you can also use 2 cans of corn if you prefer)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2-3 Tablespoons)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 oz. Cacique® Cotija cheese, plus extra for topping
FOR THE SALMON:
- Preheat a grill or grill pan until it’s very hot.
- Pat the salmon with a paper towel until it is very dry, then season with salt and pepper. Use a pastry brush (or a paper towel that you hold with kitchen tongs) to brush the grill grates with canola oil.
- Place the salmon skin-side up on the hot grill and let cook for 3-4 minutes per side. When it’s ready to flip, the fish should lift easily off the grill with a spatula. Top with corn salsa, sprinkle with some extra cilantro and cotija, and serve.
FOR THE CORN SALSA:
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Serve immediately or keep in the fridge for up to a week.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.