- 1 lb. cavatappi pasta
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello or white button mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh pesto
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 fresh shredded parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente in very salty water.
- While pasta cooks, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and mushrooms to oil and sauté until fragrant and browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and tomatoes to skillet and cook for an additional 4-6 minutes, until pasta is ready.
- Stir pesto into skillet until combined.
- Add drained pasta to skillet and toss to coat with pesto. Taste and add seasonings if necessary.
- Serve immediately and top with fresh parmesan cheese for garnish.