- 2 lbs. red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 to 1.5 cups plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, plus extra for garnish
- Cut potatoes into even pieces (I cut them all in quarters and it’s usually good)
- Boil potatoes in a pot of salted water for 25-30 minutes, until they are easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain potatoes and return them to the hot pot.
- Add milk, 1 cup of greek yogurt, butter, salt, pepper, and shredded cheddar cheese to potatoes and mash it all together with a potato masher. If potatoes are too dry, add the remaining 1/2 cup of greek yogurt.
- Garnish with extra cheddar cheese and enjoy! You could also bake the potatoes in an oven-safe dish after you add the cheese garnish, to form a nice cheesy crust, but I was too hungry. So I just dug in. Up to you!