An easy chocolate dipped peanut butter cookie recipe.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter.
- Add vanilla and the egg and mix briefly to combine.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Cover cookie dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour (you can leave it in the mixing bowl for this step).
- While cookie dough chills, heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or a piece of parchment paper.
- Use a 1-inch cookie scoop to form dough into balls and place cookies 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
- Dip the bottom of a drinking glass in flour (you may also need to sprinkle a bit of flour on top of each cookie dough ball so the glass doesn’t stick) and gently press the bottom of the glass down to flatten each cookie a bit. (You could also use the traditional fork-dipped-in-flour method, but I like the flatter cookies for this particular recipe because it helps the chocolate drizzle stand out a little more).
- Bake cookies at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool for a minute or two on the cookie sheet, then remove them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- When cookies have cooled, line them up in a single layer on a piece of waxed paper.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave (I like to put chocolate chips in a glass measuring cup and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each session, until chocolate is smooth and silky).
- Use a spoon to drizzle chocolate over cookies in a back-and-forth motion. (If you prefer, you could also dip cookies directly into chocolate and then top with a sprinkle of flaky salt).
- Let cookies cool for 30-minutes to an hour until chocolate has set. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container on the counter or in the fridge for up to a week.
- Calories: 201