A quick and easy summertime pizza.
- 1 batch of your favorite pizza dough
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into small pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large ears sweet corn, grilled and with the kernels cut off (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place a large, sturdy baking sheet bottom-side-up on the center rack of your oven (you could also use a pizza stone if you have it) and preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper over a large cutting board and lightly dust it with flour. Roll out your pizza dough on the parchment paper until it’s at your desired thickness – don’t worry if it’s not perfectly round! I like my pizza crust fairly thin, so I roll it out to about 1/3″ thick.
- Drizzle olive oil over pizza dough, then top with shredded gruyere and torn mozzarella cheese.
- Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper to pizza, then top with grilled corn kernels.
- When oven is hot, gently slide pizza (still on the parchment paper!) onto the hot baking sheet. (If you don’t have a pizza stone, a thick baking sheet will help you achieve the same type of crispy crust!)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
- Let pizza cool for 5-10 minutes, then top with chopped cilantro, slice, and serve immediately.
If you’re out of fresh mozzarella, use 1 cup of pre-shredded mozzarella cheese (but the fresh stuff is worth it, I promise!)
This pizza is a great blank canvas food! Add bacon, jalapeños, chorizo, roasted red peppers, additional herbs, tomatoes, or whatever else you’ve got on hand to make it your own.
If fresh sweet corn isn’t in season, frozen corn kernels are fine.
Use a rolling pin to roll out your pizza dough, or stretch it out with your hands if you prefer.
If you have a pizza peel (you lucky duck!) roll the pizza out on the pizza peel instead of a cutting board lined with parchment paper.
If you’re feeling ambitious, brush the pizza crust with a bit of melted butter or olive oil before baking. This will give you a shinier pizza crust.
- Calories: 780