An easy savory galette recipe with fresh summer corn, zucchini, and garlic whipped feta cheese.
FOR THE GARLIC WHIPPED FETA:
- 8 oz. feta cheese
- 2 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 2 small cloves garlic, peeled
- salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE GALETTE:
- 1 batch of your favorite pie dough (store bought is fine, or find my favorite recipe here)
- 1 cup garlic whipped feta
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels (frozen is fine)
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, thinly sliced (you could also dice the zucchini if you like, but I like how the slices look on the finished product)
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place feta, cream cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and puree until you have a smooth whipped feta. Reserve 1 cup of whipped feta for use in the galette and keep the rest in the fridge for snacking on later.
- Roll pie dough out to a circle about 1/8″ thick (or just unroll the dough if you’re using store-bought) and lay on a large baking sheet.
- Spread 1 cup of the whipped feta across the surface of the pie dough, leaving about 1/2″ of space around the edges.
- Spread corn kernels in an even layer on top of the whipped feta.
- Spread zucchini slices on top of corn and feta.
- Fold the edges of the pie dough up over the edge of the filling and pinch it together to help it keep its shape. Don’t worry about how pretty it is – galettes are supposed to be “rustic!”
- In a small dish, whisk egg together with 1 tablespoon of water to form an egg wash.
- Use a pastry brush to brush egg wash over the edges of the galette.
- Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes until the dough is lightly browned. Slice and serve immediately.