This quick and delicious chicken pesto tortellini recipe is perfect for busy weeknights.
- 10 oz. fresh cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- (optional) extra fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions in very salty water. Drain and set aside.
- Return the empty pasta pot to the stove and heat peas, pesto, and chicken over medium heat until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Return pasta to pot, add heavy cream, and toss to combine sauce and coat tortellini. Taste and add salt and pepper as necessary.
- Top finished pasta with grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil (optional) and serve immediately.
Eliminate the chicken to make this a vegetarian dish. You could also substitute grilled shrimp or Italian sausage to switch up the protein.