Easy chicken nachos – perfect for busy weeknights.
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce, plus extra for drizzling
- 7–10 oz. sturdy tortilla chips (we use about 1/2 of a family size tortilla chip bag)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (you could also use sour cream)
- In a small bowl, toss chicken and BBQ sauce together until chicken is lightly coated.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and lay chips out in a single layer (see recipe notes).
- Top chips with shredded chicken, mozzarella, pepper jack, jalapeño slices, salt, and pepper. Do your best to spread the toppings out so you get a nice topping layer across all of your chips!
- Bake nachos at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Top cooked nachos with an extra drizzle of BBQ sauce, cilantro, green onions, and a few dollops of plain Greek yogurt and serve immediately.
Lay chips out in a single layer if your sheet is big enough – this is so you can make sure every chip gets lots o’ that cheese and topping goodness! If your pan is smaller, or if you’re baking nachos in a cast iron pan, then layer the toppings and chips so that you have a single layer of chips, then a layer of cheese + toppings, then another layer of chips, and so on.
If you’d rather not have full slices of jalapeño (it’s not for everyone, I totally get it!) you can dice the jalapeño instead.
Add black beans, tomatoes, avocado, bell peppers, or any other toppings you have on hand!
Leave out the chicken or replace it with crispy tofu or mushrooms to make this a vegetarian version.
- Calories: 644