These easy mushroom and arugula quiches are perfect for an easy breakfast!
- 2 eggs
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese (parmesan would work here, too)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped arugula
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb. of your favorite pastry/pie dough (about the amount you’d need to make one regular sized pie shell)
- Press your dough into three 4-inch mini tart pans. Bake according to recipe or package directions. When fully cooked, remove from oven and prepare filling.
- Whisk together eggs, onion, garlic, arugula, salt, pepper, and milk. Stir in mushrooms and cheese.
- Fill quiche shells with egg mixture.
- Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve alone or pair with an arugula, spinach and mushroom salad with a light vinaigrette. That combo made for a pretty great lunch. Just sayin’.
Keywords: brunch, tart, eggs