A simple and delicious goat cheese crostini appetizer with fresh pears and prosciutto.
- 1 baguette or french bread loaf, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1 large pear, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. thin prosciutto
- On a large baking sheet, lay sliced bread out in a single layer and brush the tops with olive oil.
- Bake at 375 for 5-10 minutes, until bread is toasted and golden brown
- Spread a spoonful of goat cheese over each crostini piece, then top with a piece of prosciutto and 2 or 3 slices of pear. Serve immediately.
I used a crusty french bread loaf for the crostini in the photos, and it was great for a main-dish-sized version of this dish. If you’re entertaining, though, a baguette will give you more crostini and bite-sized appetizers are always a great choice for guests.