Portobello Mushroom Pizzas – a healthy twist with your favorite pizza toppings. Ready in 30 minutes.
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps, stems removed
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups shredded or torn fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced (or 1 large sliced tomato)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place a wire cooling rack on a rimmed baking sheet and place mushrooms top-side down on top of the rack. This will let moisture drain away from the mushrooms as they cook and prevent any sogginess.
- Drizzle portobello caps with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle a handful of mozzarella onto each mushroom cap, then top with a few slices of tomato and a sprinkling of basil. Then finish with another handful of mozzarella. (YAY CHEESE!)
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, until mushrooms have softened and cheese has melted. Garnish with more basil and serve immediately.
Use a spoon to remove the gills under the mushroom caps if you like. I honestly don’t mind them, so I leave them in, but pull them out if you’re not a fan!
Use any pizza toppings you like here – the sky’s the limit!
Drizzle portobello mushroom pizzas with balsamic glaze for an extra flavor kick.