These easy crostini pack a flavorful punch with roasted garlic and creamy brie cheese.
- 1 head garlic
- 8 oz. brie cheese (or more, if you like things extra cheesy!)
- 1 french baguette, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- (optional) chopped parsley, for garnish
- Cut the root off the garlic to expose the cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then wrap tightly with foil and roast at 375 for about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Spread baguette slices out on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 375 for 5-6 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Unwrap garlic and pull out roasted cloves with a knife or small fork. Roasted garlic is soft, and spreads very easily. Spread a bit of roasted garlic (use however much you want!) over each piece of toasted bread.
- Top each crostini with a thick slice of brie. Place baking sheet back in the 375 degree oven for 5 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Remove crostini from oven and top with parsley garnish (optional, but it adds a nice bit of color). Serve immediately.
Keywords: appetizer, entertaining, vegetarian