This roasted red pepper cheese dip is quick, easy, and sure to be a hit!
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish (optional)
- baguette slices and veggie sticks, for dipping (optional)
- Roast the red bell pepper at 375 (I place it directly onto the rack in my oven, rather than using a baking sheet) until it is nice and charred, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately put in a small bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit at least ten minutes (I recommend letting it sit until it’s cool enough to handle). The steam that forms under the plastic wrap will help you later when you go to remove the skin.
- When the pepper is cool enough to handle, pull off the stem and discard the seeds. Then peel off the skin with your fingers. Discard skin.
- Place the roasted pepper in a small blender or food processor along with the ricotta, goat cheese, salt and pepper. Blend until you have a smooth mixture.
- Serve the dip immediately or keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. To serve, garnish with a bit of parsley and place dip on a platter with bread and veggies.
This dip is super simple, which means it’s easy for you to add your own twist to it. Use different cheeses if you like, or add some lemon juice to the dip for a zing of citrus. I’m also planning on heating a batch up and using it as a pasta sauce – YUM. Be creative, and let me know if you find a variation you love!
Keywords: appetizer, dip, spread