This easy homemade shrimp remoulade is sure to be a hit.
FOR THE REMOULADE SAUCE:
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. plain greek yogurt (you could also use mayonnaise)
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. hot sauce (I like sriracha)
- 2 Tbsp. stone-ground dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large tomato, cut into 4 thick slices
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 12 cooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and with tails removed
- hot sauce (optional) for garnish
For the Remoulade:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until you have a smooth sauce. Taste and re-season if necessary, or add more hot sauce if you like things spicy.
- Toss shrimp with remoulade sauce until they are completely coated. Cover and chill for at least an hour, then pull out when ready to serve.
- Place 1 tomato down on each of 4 serving plates. Top with a handful of romaine and three chilled, remoulade-coated shrimp. Sprinkle a bit of hot sauce around the plate for an extra kick. Serve immediately.
The remoulade here has a nice kick to it, so if you don't like spice I suggest halving the amount of paprika and hot sauce the recipe calls for, then tasting the sauce and adding more spice a bit at a time until you're happy with the spice level.
Keywords: sauce, dip, seafood