This easy Thai inspired pizza is quick and full of flavor with a drizzle of sweet chili sauce. Vegetarian and no pizza stone required!
- 1 recipe your favorite pizza dough
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large carrot, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Sweet Chili Sauce
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F (or as hot as your oven will go – the hotter, the better!) If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven while it heats up. No pizza stone? Use a sturdy baking sheet and place it in the oven upside-down. This will give your pizza a hot surface to sit on right from the get-go, helping you get that extra-crispy crust.
- Roll or stretch out pizza dough on a floured surface. I like my dough relatively thin – maybe 1/4-1/3″ thick. Leave the dough on the floured cutting board or a pizza peel, or place a piece of parchment paper between the dough and the board so that it will slide into the oven easier. You want your pizza to easily slide off of your peel or cutting board and onto the hot sheet pan or pizza stone.
- Top the pizza with a drizzle of olive oil and the mozzarella cheese.
- Slide pizza into the hot oven and bake at 500 degrees F until pizza is lightly browned and crispy. The baking time will vary depending in your oven and the size of the pizza, so keep an eye on it – I check my pizza every five minutes and generally bake it for 10-15 minutes total.
- Use a pair of tongs to gently pull the finished pizza out of the oven and onto a cutting board (you could also use a pizza peel for this if you have one).
- Top pizza with shredded carrot and chopped cilantro. Depending on the size of your pizza, you may not need ALL of the toppings – just add as much as you like!
- Drizzle pizza with sweet chili sauce. Slice and serve immediately.
Depending on the amount of dough you have, you may want to split it in half and shape two pizzas so it’s easier to move pizza in and out of the oven.
If you have time to make your own sweet chili sauce, go for it! Our grocery store happens to carry a great organic version so this is one of the very few things I tend to buy pre-made.
I use a light layer of mozzarella on this pizza to let the sauce and toppings shine through. Feel free to use more if you like more cheese!
This pizza is also AWESOME with pork or chicken – I’ve used leftover pulled pork, plain ground pork, and slow cooker shredded chicken with this recipe with great results. Add your favorite protein if you want to make it a little heartier, but if you’re eating vegetarian or opting for a Meatless Monday, it’s still great without meat.
Add extra veggies to this pizza to make it even heartier. I like to use bean sprouts, bell peppers, microgreens, green onions, tomatoes, zucchini, or anything else we have on hand. It’s also great with a handful of crushed peanuts.
- Calories: 515