A quick and easy warm bruschetta recipe – perfect for summer appetizers!
- 1/2 loaf Crusty French Bread, sliced
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for toasting bread
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, torn or diced into small pieces
- 2 tsp. flakey sea salt (I like Maldon Salt!)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 375 F for 5-7 minutes until toasted and lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic to oil and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add cherry tomatoes, salt, and pepper to skillet and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes until tomatoes are warmed through and have begun to soften.
- Pour warmed tomatoes into a large mixing bowl. Add basil and mozzarella and stir to combine.
- Spread tomato mixture over toasted bread. Top with a pinch of flakey sea salt and serve immediately.
This is really an “un-recipe” recipe – scale it up or down depending on your personal tastes and feel free to spread the topping across as many slices of bread as you’d like! The ingredients here are just general guidelines – add more or less of everything to suit your personal tastes.
You don’t have to toast your bread in the oven – brush olive oil over each slice and char them on the grill or use a regular toaster if you like!
Add avocado slices, balsamic glaze, goat cheese, or parmesan cheese to this recipe to mix it up!
This recipe is also great with this easy asiago bread!
- Calories: 443