These homemade wonton crackers are a great alternative to processed junk food!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 25 square wonton wrappers (about 1/2 of a standard store-bought package)
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut square wonton wrappers in half to form rectangles.
- Lay wonton pieces in a single layer on a baking sheet. The wrappers won’t move or expand during cooking, so you can place them quite close together.
- Brush each wonton piece with a light layer of olive oil.
- Sprinkle oiled wonton wrappers with kosher salt and add a few light turns of fresh ground black pepper.
- Bake crackers at 375 F for 4-8 minutes or until wontons have browned and crisped up. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. (I love serving them with this roasted red pepper baked ricotta!)
No time to brush the wrappers with olive oil? Use an olive oil sprayer (I love my Misto!)
Omit the fresh ground pepper if you’d like plain ol’ salted crackers.
Depending on the size of your baking sheet, you may need to bake in two batches (or use two baking sheets at once).
For another variation on these crackers, check out my Parmesan Wonton Crackers!
- Calories: 212