Easy avocado toast with grilled sweet corn, goat cheese, cilantro, and fresh lime juice. Vegetarian.
- 1 ear fresh sweet corn, husked (or 1 cup leftover grilled corn)
- 2-3 ripe avocados
- salt to taste
- 6 large slices of crusty bread (we recommend sourdough or our Easy Crusty French Bread)
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 of a fresh lime, cut into wedges
- Grill the corn to desired doneness. Remove kernels from cob and set aside.
- Halve and pit avocados. Scoop avocado into a small bowl, add a pinch of salt, and mash with a fork.
- Toast the bread (we just use a toaster, but you could also grill the bread!)
- Assembly time! Top each piece of toast with mashed avocado, then crumble some goat cheese on top. Finish with a handful of the grilled corn, a sprinkle of cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice. Serve immediately.
Additions and Substitutions. Use canned or previously frozen corn in place of grilled corn (this recipe is also great with leftover grilled corn!) Swap feta or cotija cheese for the goat cheese, or omit the cheese to make this recipe vegan. Use basil or parsley in place of cilantro. Add tomatoes, crispy bacon, grilled veggies, or a fried egg to your toast to mix it up a bit. Add a pinch of flakey sea salt or a drizzle of honey for extra flavor.
Dial these toppings up or down based on your personal preference!
No grill? Cook your corn on the stovetop in a heavy cast iron skillet or grill pan. Allow a few extra minutes if using this method.
Keywords: summer, brunch, grilling