This easy avocado toast is perfect for summer brunch! Creamy mashed avocado with fresh grilled sweet corn, goat cheese, cilantro, and a drizzle of lime juice. Vegetarian.
Creamy avocado and crusty, toasted bread are already a pretty perfect pairing. But we're giving this classic avocado toast a few summery upgrades that take our favorite quick breakfast from easy and delicious to NEXT. LEVEL. (A bit of avocado = also excellent with our breakfast bruschetta recipe.)
We're adding some grilled sweet corn to this toast (grill it fresh or use leftover grilled corn straight from the fridge!), along with some crumbled goat cheese, a squeeze of lime, and plenty of fresh cilantro.
These avocado toasts take just a few minutes to assemble: they're perfect for a quick breakfast or a hassle-free summertime brunch! (See also: Our lickety-split Tomato and Goat Cheese Breakfast Toasts.)
What's the best bread to use?
Use any bread you have on hand! We love using a thick slice of homemade crusty bread or fresh sourdough. You can also use a hearty whole wheat/whole grain bread or your favorite sandwich bread!
Toast up your bread slices in a toaster or on a baking sheet in the oven, or skip the toasted sourdough and grill the bread instead.
Easy Avocado Toast Swaps
Avocado toast is a perfect blank canvas: use whatever toppings you have on hand (I've even made this avocado toast with leftover guacamole in a pinch). Some of our favorite additions and substitutions:
- Use cotijia cheese or feta cheese instead of goat cheese.
- Add a fried or poached egg on top.
- Add some protein. Crispy bacon crumbles and grilled salmon pieces are both great with this toast.
- Add some roasted garlic, grilled veggies (bell peppers, zucchini, and onions are all good), or sliced tomatoes.
- Finish this toast with a sprinkle of flakey sea salt and a drizzle of honey for extra depth and flavor! It's also good with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
More Spring and Summer Breakfast Ideas
Grilled Corn Avocado Toast with Goat Cheese and Cilantro
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 3-6 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Easy avocado toast with grilled sweet corn, goat cheese, cilantro, and fresh lime juice. Vegetarian.
- 1 ear fresh sweet corn, husked (or 1 cup leftover grilled corn)
- 2-3 ripe avocados
- salt to taste
- 6 large slices of crusty bread (we recommend sourdough or our Easy Crusty French Bread)
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ of a fresh lime, cut into wedges
- Grill the corn to desired doneness. Remove kernels from cob and set aside.
- Halve and pit avocados. Scoop avocado into a small bowl, add a pinch of salt, and mash with a fork.
- Toast the bread (we just use a toaster, but you could also grill the bread!)
- Assembly time! Top each piece of toast with mashed avocado, then crumble some goat cheese on top. Finish with a handful of the grilled corn, a sprinkle of cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice. Serve immediately.
Additions and Substitutions. Use canned or previously frozen corn in place of grilled corn (this recipe is also great with leftover grilled corn!) Swap feta or cotija cheese for the goat cheese, or omit the cheese to make this recipe vegan. Use basil or parsley in place of cilantro. Add tomatoes, crispy bacon, grilled veggies, or a fried egg to your toast to mix it up a bit. Add a pinch of flakey sea salt or a drizzle of honey for extra flavor.
Dial these toppings up or down based on your personal preference!
No grill? Cook your corn on the stovetop in a heavy cast iron skillet or grill pan. Allow a few extra minutes if using this method.
- Serving Size: 2 toasts
- Calories: 569
- Sugar: 6.2 g
- Sodium: 609.9 mg
- Fat: 31.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 58.5 g
- Protein: 19.2 g
- Cholesterol: 17.4 mg
Keywords: summer, brunch, grilling
I love grilling a ton of corn on the weekends for meal prep - this is my new favorite way to use it! Love that it takes all of 30 seconds to throw together but still feels a little fancy.
Team Life As A Strawberry
WAHOO! We love the idea of grilling the corn in advance to make this recipe even quicker!
Thank you, wish you luck in all that you do.