Easy homemade crackers made from wonton wrappers with parmesan and parsley.
- 25 square wonton wrappers (about 1/2 of a standard package)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut square wonton wrappers in half to form rectangles.
- Lay wonton rectangles out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Use a pastry brush to lightly brush wonton wrappers with olive oil.
- Lightly sprinkle wonton wrappers with parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 6-8 minutes or until wonton crackers are lightly browned and crispy. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
A note about olive oil. You can use a silicone pastry brush to brush a light layer of olive oil over your crackers, but we also love our Misto Oil Sprayer here! Pour some olive oil into the canister, use the pump cap to push some air into the bottle, and spray just like a canister of cooking spray!
Additions and Substitutions. Use avocado oil, canola oil, liquid coconut oil, or melted butter in place of the olive oil. Use chopped basil, dill, or cilantro in place of the parsley, or omit it entirely. Strict vegetarians should look for parmesan cheese made without rennet. We have not tested this recipe with rice wrappers or pasta dough.
Ingredients and Equipment. We’ve used Melissa’s Won Ton Wraps and Nasoya Won Ton Wraps here, but use what you have on hand! If you’re brushing olive oil onto your wonton wrappers, we love a small silicone pastry brush. To spray the oil onto your crackers, we love our Misto Oil Sprayer.
How to serve these parmesan wonton crackers: Serve these homemade crackers on a cheese plate, with a bowl of hummus, or alongside your favorite dip! We love using these with our Roasted Red Pepper Baked Ricotta, Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Dip, or Smoked Salmon Dip.
Like this recipe? Try our salted wonton crackers or check out this video with four different wonton cracker recipes!
Keywords: crackers, wonton wrappers, appetizers