- 1 recipe pizza dough (I substituted 1 and 1/2 cups wheat flour for the same amount of regular flour in this recipe to make a wheat crust)
- 2/3 cup basil, cilantro, or arugula pesto (I used basil, but I can’t wait to try it with the other two!)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1/4 basil (I used boxwood basil, which has tiny leaves, but you could julienne some large leaves and use those instead) plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Press the pizza dough out onto a large pizza pan.
- Spread the pesto over the pizza dough, leaving a small crust un-pesto-ed around the edge.
- Spread mozzarella and parmesan cheeses in an even layer over the pizza.
- Top pizza with shredded chicken, pine nuts, and additional basil.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until cheese has melted and crust has browned.
- While pizza bakes, heat balsamic vinegar over medium-high heat in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and reduce until it resembles a thick syrup, 15-20 minutes.
- Slice pizza and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Serve immediately.