These easy shrimp tacos are perfect for a quick dinner!
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice (about 1 large lime’s worth)
- 1/2 lb. shrimp (51-60 ct.), deveined and peeled, with tails removed
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 small (4? ish) corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, toss olive oil, tequila, lime juice, shrimp, cilantro, salt and pepper together. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour (you can leave it as long as overnight if you want to do this the day before!).
- When you’re ready to cook the shrimp, pull them out of the fridge. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until it’s nice and hot. Pour shrimp and marinade into the pan and give it all a stir. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until shrimp are nice and pink and have cooked through. (You could also skewer the shrimp and grill them if you’d like!)
- While the shrimp cook, toast your corn tortillas. I toast mine over an open oven burner flame for a few seconds on each side, but you could also toast them in a hot cast iron skillet or zap them in the microwave. Keep tortillas warm with a tea towel if your shrimp aren’t quite done.
- When shrimp have cooked, place 3 or 4 shrimp in the center of each corn tortilla and top with a few slices of avocado and some cilantro for garnish. Serve tacos with a lime wedge.
Keywords: tacos, seafood, prawns