This easy, creamy whipped feta cheese dip pairs with just about anything!
- 8 ounces feta cheese, drained of any brine
- 2 ounces cream cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons good olive oil (we’ve been loving these olive oils from EXAU)
- Crumble feta cheese into the bowl of a food processor. Add cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Pulse to break up the feta and combine the cheeses.
- Scrape down the sides of the food processor, then add olive oil. Blend for 1-2 minutes until you have a smooth, creamy dip.
- Serve immediately with sliced veggies, crackers, or crostini, or put whipped cheese in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days until you’re ready to use it.
What type of feta cheese should I use? You can use crumbled feta or a block of feta (drain any brine first) and crumble it yourself. If your feta is very dry, it may need a little extra olive oil to make a creamy consistency.
Additions and Substitutions. Blend a splash of lemon juice or honey into your dip for extra flavor. Blend in fresh herbs, caramelized onions, a few cloves of roasted garlic, or a few roasted beets for color and flavor. Swap 2-3 Tablespoons of heavy cream or a spoonful of Greek yogurt for the cream cheese if you prefer. Use goat or ricotta in place of the feta cheese.
How to serve this whipped feta cheese. Serve this dip on crostini, as a dip for fresh veggies or crackers, or as the base on a pizza or galette. Add a dollop to your favorite pastas and mashed potatoes. For more ideas, be sure to read the post above!
Storing and freezing whipped feta. Store whipped feta cheese in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost overnight in the fridge and give it a good stir before serving; if the texture isn’t quite as smooth after defrosting, pop it back in the food processor and blend for a few seconds to smooth it back out.
Keywords: appetizer, entertaining, meal prep