This one pot pasta recipe is ready in 30 minutes and needs only a handful of ingredients! Fresh tomatoes, sweet corn, and cilantro with an easy cream cheese sauce and fresh cilantro make this pasta a hit. Vegetarian.
Quick, easy dinners are the best kind of dinners.
This particular dish has only six ingredients (unless you count salt and pepper, which are basically like oxygen or butter or anything else that makes life possible, so obviously I don’t) and takes less than 30 minutes to throw together.
It even has cream cheese, which I actually almost never use but is sometimes just completely 100% necessary. In this case, it makes a delightfully creamy sauce that lends a great richness to the simple combo of pasta, corn, and tomatoes.
I am especially in need of fast and easy meals this month, because I have been traveling nonstop over the last few weeks while still trying to keep up with the whole grad school thing (WHAT was I thinking) and planning this oh-so-awesome conference that you should all go to.
I was in Portland with my parents for a few days (HI, PARENTS) and then in Seattle for the International Food Bloggers Conference (full recap coming soon! ish). and THEN I was in Pennsylvania for the Big Harvest Potluck.
It was all a whirlwind, but SO much fun. Except now I’m catching up (sort of) on sleep and work and blogging and more work. So cooking a whole big delicious meal, while high on my list of priorities, isn’t really happening.
Also, I have been VERY busy binge watching Gilmore Girls ever since it was released on Netflix a whole six days ago. You gotta have priorities.
But I digress. Basically, this is my new favorite go-to quick and easy weeknight dinner. It’s also the perfect farewell to summer produce.
Sweet corn and I are the best of friends, and the crunch and bright pop of flavor the veggies give this dish make it so much more than ordinary pasta. Also, it’s ready in 30 minutes and only takes one pot. Winning? I think so.
- 1 lb. orecchiette pasta
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Cook pasta in very salty water until al dente. Drain and set aside. Return pan to stove.
- Heat olive oil in the pan over medium-high heat.
- Add sweet corn and cherry tomatoes to pan and sauté until corn is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Add cream cheese to pan and stir until cream cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return pasta to pan and toss to coat with sauce.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro for garnish. Toss remaining cilantro with pasta.
- Serve immediately and top with reserved cilantro for garnish.