Shake up your cocktail game with this easy, refreshing whiskey lemonade cocktail!
Let’s have a drink!
This drink. It’s got whiskey in it. And is delicious.
(PS – If you aren’t really a whiskey person, you should totally try it anyway. This drink dilutes the whiskey flavor with a bit of sweetness, so you’ll get all the good stuff with less of the overpowering flavor!)
They had one with whiskey, some other stuff I don’t remember, and APRICOT JAM. Seriously. Apricot Jam. And you know what? It was friggin’ delicious.
So when we got home, I spent a day trying to create a similar whiskey drink that would tickle my tastebuds and convert me to whiskey-drinking-dom. And after a few attempts, we have a winner!Print
Sweet Whiskey Lemonade
An easy whiskey lemonade cocktail perfect for summer.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 2
- 2 oz triple sec (I like Cointreau)
- 2 oz whiskey (I used Bushmills Irish Whiskey)
- 1.5 oz lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar (super fine sugar is best, but regular baking sugar will do)
- 1/2 tsp. apricot preserves
- 3 oz. tonic water
- In a shaker, combine all ingredients except tonic water with ice and shake well. Fill two glasses with ice and strain half of the drink mixture into each glass.
- Top each glass off with 1 and 1/2 ounces of tonic water. Serve immediately.