Wondering what to do with leftover cranberry sauce this Thanksgiving? Throw this easy cranberry mayonnaise recipe together! The perfect spread for a simple turkey sandwich.
We love a good leftover remix (there are only so many times you can eat the same reheated Thanksgiving dinner, right?) and this easy cranberry mayo is one of our favorite ways to use extra cranberry sauce after the holidays! Use it immediately or keep it in a mason jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
PS - Looking for tasty ways to reimagine your Thanksgiving leftovers? See our full Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipe Collection →
This is a very loose "recipe": all you need is mayonnaise and some leftover cranberry sauce (we love using homemade cranberry sauce, but canned cranberry sauce works fine too!)
We've given you loose measurements in the recipe card below, but this cranberry mayonnaise will vary a bit depending on your cranberry sauce: do a taste test after mixing and stir in additional mayo or cranberry sauce as needed to balance the flavors. This spread is very forgiving!
Riffs and Substitutions
- Adjust the sweetness. If your cranberry sauce is especially tart, stir in a spoonful of honey or maple syrup to balance it out. If your cranberry sauce is too sweet, add a splash of lemon juice to bring a bit of that tart flavor back in.
- For a smoother cranberry mayonnaise, blend the mayo with a food processor or immersion blender (you may need to double or triple the recipe to have enough volume to ensure smooth blending!)
- Add leftover chopped herbs like rosemary, thyme, or sage for an herby cranberry spread.
Ways to use cranberry mayo
- Slather it on some crusty bread with leftover roast turkey breast, brie or white cheddar cheese, sliced tomato, and lots of greens or lettuce for an epic turkey sandwich. (No turkey? You can also use sliced or shredded chicken!)
- Use as a quick aioli dip with some homemade crab cakes.
- Add a dollop to salad dressing for a tart, creamy vinaigrette (cranberry mayo is great in place of the dijon mustard in our 5 minute arugula salad dressing!)
- Use as a spread for a simple turkey burger!
- Double down on the cranberry flavor by adding it to a cranberry brie grilled cheese.
More Cranberry Sauce Recipes
Cranberry sauce is one of our favorite Thanksgiving leftovers - it's a delicious addition to all kinds of sweet and savory recipes! A few of our favorite ways to repurpose it:
Video: Four ways to use leftover cranberry sauce
The easiest cranberry mayonnaise - the perfect way to use up leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving or Christmas!
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons leftover cranberry sauce
- salt to taste
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You may need to adjust this mayonnaise mix to suit your cranberry sauce - just give it a taste when you mix it together and add extra mayonnaise, cranberry sauce, or salt as necessary! If your cranberry sauce is too tart, stir in a spoonful of honey or maple syrup to add more sweetness. If the mayo is too sweet, add a splash of lemon juice to brighten it up.
This recipe doesn't freeze especially well as the mayo can separate once defrosted. Cranberry sauce freezes very well on its own, though! We recommend freezing leftover cranberry sauce on its own, then defrosting as needed to make this cranberry mayo on demand.
Keywords: thanksgiving, leftovers, sauce