I am so over winter.
I know that's bad, because there's still plenty more winter to go. But there's SNOW and ICE and then there's that whole VORTEX thing and YOU GUYS. I am OVER it.
So to combat the "I AM FREEZING ALL THE TIME" trend, I've been on somewhat of a hot food binge. Soup and tea and more soup and zero salad ever, because salad is (usually) cold and cold things suck. Totally logical, right? Right. I knew you'd understand.
I also made this slow cooker cheese dip. Partly because I was cold and it was warm. Partly because I like to stand with my hands over my crockpot like it's a campfire I built while exploring the wilderness Indiana Jones style. Except the wilderness is my kitchen and it's pretty much totally explored. Because it's tiny. And I complain too much to probably ever make a good explorer. Also, I'm in sweatpants. And I'm pretty sure I've never seen Indiana Jones wearing sweatpants.
But…this dip. It was good. Kyle and I ate the whole thing in one sitting. Umm, ALSO - it's the Super Bowl on Sunday! This MIGHT just be a GREAT dip to add to your football rotation. Plus, it's in a slow cooker, so it's hands-off to let you actually watch the game. If you're into that sorta thing.
Slow Cooker Four Cheese Leek and Garlic Dip
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
This easy slow cooker cheese dip is the perfect easy appetizer for game day.
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fresh goat cheese
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups leeks, washed and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- chips, crackers, or crostini for serving (I used tortilla chips)
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 2-4 hours, stirring every 45 minutes or so, until cheese has melted.
- Serve dip with crackers, chips, or crostini. I recommend leaving it in the slow cooker over low heat while you serve the dip, to keep the cheese nice and melty (yes, that's a word).
This is a great dip to experiment with! Make it your own by adding cream cheese, roasted peppers, or any other goodies you've got lying around.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 353
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 1202.8 mg
- Fat: 22.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Protein: 24.5 g
- Cholesterol: 52.2 mg
Keywords: football, appetizer, entertaining
I can't decide whether you had me at "slow cooker" or at "four cheese"..regardless, this looks incredible! Bookmarked it to try soon!