Have you had smoked mozzarella cheese yet? Because it MIGHT be the most delicious thing ever. So naturally, I paired it with cilantro and barbecue sauce (the OTHER most delicious things ever) to make what might have just become my new favorite pizza.
Some of you may know that I spent most of last week in Miami for BlogHer Food, followed by some much-needed R&R on Miami Beach with my mama (HI, MOM). We ate EVERYTHING, including out-of-this-world delicious lunches at Yarbird and Pubbelly Sushi. There were also copious amounts of wine and cocktails and sitting in the sunshine doing nothing that resembled work. So on the way back, we were all, “ohhhh, I’m so fullllll, I ate so much fooooood, how am I ever going to eat againnnnnn, I need vegetablesssssss.” You know, the post-traveling usual.
Except that FORGET VEGETABLES because when I got home, all I could think about was this pizza. OH, WELL.
This pizza gets top marks on its own, but I always give extra points to anything that gives me an excuse to shovel barbecue sauce into my face. So I guess I’m saying that this pizza gets top marks PLUS it also has barbecue sauce. And really, what more could anyone want?
Despite my major fail at eating a lot of salad when I got home from Miami, it’s still refreshing just to be back in my own kitchen again. Especially after a conference like BlogHer Food, where I got to know some amazing fellow food bloggers and eat my way through an entire city. I left so fired up to get back to my blog and back to the kitchen. But then I had to WAIT, because I had to take a VACATION first. (I know. Woe is me). So now that I’ve had time to relax on a beach for the first time since I don’t even KNOW when, I am readier than ever to launch head first into a summer full of amazing food, adventures, and some incredible new projects for The Sustainable Seafood Blog Project that I KNOW you are going to be just as excited about as I am (WHOA, CLIFFHANGER. I guess you’d better check back next week for some super-cool SSBP announcements!) While you wait on the edge of your seats, though (because I know your whole life totally revolves around me and my blog and my cryptic SSBP teasers) you should definitely, DEFINITELY make this pizza.Print
- 1 recipe of your favorite pizza dough
- Spread pizza dough out on a pizza pan or a large baking sheet until it is about 1/3″ thick. (You could also use a pizza stone if you’ve got one).
- Drizzle olive oil over dough and top with half of the mozzarella (I used the shredded portion here).
- Spread shredded chicken over the top of the pizza and top with remaining mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until crust has lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from oven. Drizzle with barbecue sauce and top with chopped fresh cilantro. Slice and serve immediately.
I switched out 1 cup of white flour in my Fifteen-Minute Pizza Dough for 1 cup of wheat flour.
Pizza is super customizable – experiment with different toppings to create your perfect pie!