- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Chives, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tsp. flour
- 1 cup turkey, chicken, or vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp. Sour Cream
- 1/2 Tsp. Lemon Juice
- Heat the oil and lemon juice together in a medium-sized saucepan. Add garlic and chives.
- Saute garlic and chives until garlic is cooked through, about 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add flour to saucepan to make a roux. Stir contents of pot together and let roux cook for 1 minute.
- Stir stock into the saucepan a few tablespoons at a time, stirring constantly to break up and fully incorporate the roux for a smooth sauce. Bring mixture to a simmer and let it thicken.
- When sauce has thickened, stir in sour cream. Garnish with fresh chopped chives and serve over pierogis, chicken, poultry, or pasta.
Adapted from My Gourmet Connection