Salmon! It's my fave. I am SO excited to be moving closer to an ocean - I'm hoping it will mean fresher, more plentiful seafood in my life. I'm a west-coast gal, born and raised, so it's been wil these last five years living in the Midwest. I've loved my time here, but I am SO ready to stop feeling landlocked all the time. I haven't spent a summer at home since I was 19 - I miss going to the beach! And I miss mountains! I'm so excited for a change of scenery, even if it does mean going farther away from home.
On a side note: I hate packing. HATE it. Partially because I always feel like I have better things to do with my life and partially because it means I have to live without access to a bunch of stuff I use on the regular. Like...I packed up my ice cream maker today, which in and of itself isn't that big of a deal, but as I wrapped it up and put it in the box I was all "Wait - what if I want to make ice cream tomorrow?"
Not that I WOULD have made ice cream tomorrow, but knowing that I don't even have the option of making whatever I want is super duper annoying. Watch, now I'm going to crave ice cream all day every day until we get to New York. Ugh.
Also, I just realized I didn't tell you anything about this salmon yet. But it's good. You should make it. Change up the amount of sriracha you add based on how spicy you like things - the amount called for will give it a nice kick, but kick it up or down a few notches depending on your personal preferences.
This easy tequila and sriracha glaze gives baked salmon a fun, flavorful twist!
- 4 5-oz. salmon portions
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha
- 2 Tbsp. tequila
- ½ tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, whisk together sriracha, tequila, olive oil, salt, pepper, and cilantro to form a glaze.
- Brush half of the glaze over salmon portions.
- Bake salmon at 375 for 6 minutes, then pull it out of the oven and brush the remaining glaze over salmon.
- Return salmon to the oven for 5-7 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve salmon with a lime wedge on the side. Squirt lime juice over the fish before you eat. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 5 ounces
- Calories: 242
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 773.8 mg
- Fat: 7.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.8 g
- Protein: 31.9 g
- Cholesterol: 72.4 mg
Keywords: seafood, dinner, healthy