Easy-yet-elegant breakfast toast with summer produce.
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz. goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, sliced
- Toast sourdough (I use the toaster, but you could also bake it or use a toaster oven) until it’s lightly browned. Set aside.
- While sourdough is toasting, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Crack eggs one by one into the saucepan and cook to your desired doneness. I did sunny side up eggs here, but you could also fry them over easy or over hard depending on your preferences.
- Top eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread 1 oz. of goat cheese over each piece of toast. Top each toast with an egg, a handful of tomatoes, and a generous pinch of fresh basil. Add additional seasoning to taste and serve immediately.
You could also add a mashed avocado to your toast. If you’re into that kind of thing.
- Calories: 377