But what are some of my other favorite things, you ask? WELL. Crock pot meals are high on the list. Throw it all together, walk away, forget about it until dinnertime, and voila! Deliciousness, with a side of minimal effort. Love it.
These French Dips are so easy. Seriously. SO. EASY. And they taste so good! Plus, they combine two of my favorite things (booze and crock pots! I feel a theme week coming on).
Boozy Slow-Cooker French Dips
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4-5 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
Booze! My favorite ingredient. In cooking and in life. (Just kidding…mostly).
- 2 lb beef roast (I used a sirloin roast)
- 3 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 beer of your choice (I used a Coors. No shame. But I’d also recommend a pilsner or a dark malt-y beer like Guinness, depending on what you’ve got floating around your fridge)
- ½ large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. whiskey (I used Maker’s Mark)
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup beef stock (if you’d like to make a separate au jus sauce, plan on about 4 cups of stock)
- 2 french baguettes, sliced in half and cut into sandwich-sized lengths
- Sprinkle your roast with salt and pepper, then lightly rub the mustard into the meat on all sides.
- Place roast in a crock pot. Add beer, onions, whiskey, garlic, and beef stock to the crock pot (just pour the liquids right over the roast!). Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Pull roast out of crock pot and let it rest on a cutting board. While meat is resting, use a large spoon to skim any fat off the surface of the liquid left in the crock pot. I use those reserved juices as my au jus dipping sauce, but if you’d like to make a separate au jus, just sauté some onions and garlic in a bit of butter and add a few cups of beef stock to make a new sauce for dipping.
- Slice the roast beef and pile it high between two baguette halves. Ladle up a cup of reserved liquid from the crock pot to dip each sandwich in and serve immediately.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 417
- Sugar: 8.8 g
- Sodium: 1261.5 mg
- Fat: 11.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.9 g
- Protein: 48.1 g
- Cholesterol: 134 mg
Keywords: crockpot, roast beef
Have you made this in a pressure cooker? If you have, how long would you cook this?
I wasn't sure I would like these since I love the traditional French dips. These were AMAZING. I ended up eating twice as much au jus as I usually eat because it was so flavorful. Another winner!
Wahoo! I'm so glad you liked them. This recipe is definitely one of my new favorites 🙂
Gorgeous photos and the word "boozy". Perfect 🙂