These parmesan wonton crackers are incredibly easy to make and a great alternative to processed, super-salty, terrible-for-you snacky things. Also, they are super addictive. As in, I ate half of the entire batch by myself before Kyle got home and helped me devour the leftovers.
The crackers are ready to eat in less than half an hour, and they have a great crunch and a gorgeous color. They’re easy enough to make for a snack-for-one any afternoon, but pretty enough to throw in a bowl at a holiday party.
Bonus: making these crackers means I get to turn on my oven. Which means my oven makes the kitchen warmer. Which means I am significantly less cold than usual. (Winter and me are not the best of friends).
This one turned out all poofy:
HAH. Generally they stay pretty flat. Except that guy. He’s like a little wonton pillow. And that makes me giggle. (Even pillow-shaped, though = ridiculously delicious).
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 25 wonton wrappers (about ½ of a standard package)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste (I used about 3 tsp. of each)
- Cut the square wrappers in half to form rectangles.
- Lay wonton pieces out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until wontons are brown and crispy. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.