These parmesan wonton crackers are a great alternative to processed, super-salty, terrible-for-you snacky things. Also, they are super addictive. As in, I ate half of the entire batch by myself before Kyle got home and helped me devour the leftovers.
These crackers are quick to make, and they have a great crunch and a gorgeous color. They’re easy enough to make for a snack-for-one any afternoon, but pretty enough to throw in a bowl at a holiday party.
Bonus: making these crackers means I get to turn on my oven. Which means my oven makes the kitchen warmer. Which means I am significantly less cold than usual. (Winter and me are not the best of friends).
This one turned out all poofy:
HAH. Generally they stay pretty flat. Except that guy. He’s like a little wonton pillow. And that makes me giggle. (Even pillow-shaped, though = ridiculously delicious).
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 25 wonton wrappers (about ½ of a standard package)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste (I used about 3 tsp. of each)
- Cut the square wrappers in half to form rectangles.
- Lay wonton pieces out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until wontons are brown and crispy. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.