Brighten up your appetizers with this tasty green pea parsley dip! A great dip recipe for entertaining. Vegetarian.
Some days, I eat lots of salad, go to the gym, and get to sleep at a reasonable hour.
Other days, I eat an entire batch of parmesan wonton crackers. Annnnnd then a bazillion cookies – because it was my first OFFICIAL Christmas Cookie Batch.
On the days after THOSE days, I need something green. Something that resembles food that is healthy. Something liiiiike….green pea parsley dip.
It’s earthy and fresh, with a whole bunch of flavor. And I spread it on pumpernickel bread. Because pumpernickel + this dip = oh-so-delicious.
- 1 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded, plus extra for garnishing
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chevre (goat cheese)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, plus extra for garnishing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (you probably won’t need all of it – add it a bit at a time until you have the right consistency)
- 5 sandwich-sized pieces of pumpernickel bread (or, a whole loaf of the snack-sized mini loaf stuff)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Pulse peas, parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon juice, chevre, salt, pepper, and parsley in a food processor.
- Stream in olive oil about a tablespoon at a time, until dip comes together. (I blended mine into a pretty smooth dip, but you could just lightly pulse the food processor a few times if you want a chunkier spread. If you want a smoother dip, stream in more of the olive oil. Chunkier dip? Only use about half of the olive oil).
- Remove dip from food processor and chill until ready to serve.
- Cut the pumpernickel slices into thirds, so you have appetizer-sized pieces (this is optional – leave the bread whole if you’d like a bigger canvas for the dip!).
- Lay pumpernickel out in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Bake pumpernickel at 350 for 6-8 minutes, until it’s nice and toasty.
- Spread dip on top of pumpernickel toasts pieces. Top with extra parmesan and parsley. Enjoy!