Fortunately, fall means pumpkins. And pumpkins mean pumpkin bread. And pumpkin bread means PUMPKIN BREAD FRENCH TOAST AKA MY NEW FAVORITE THING EVER. (YES THE CAPITAL LETTERS ARE NECESSARY).
But seriously. I can't believe I never thought of this before. It's kind of a game-changer. You should probably make it as soon as possible. (No pumpkin bread? Use challah instead!)
Also, I added whiskey. You're totally welcome.
Pumpkin Bread French Toast with Orange and Whiskey
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
This easy french toast uses your favorite pumpkin bread!
- 4 large slices of your favorite pumpkin bread
- 3 large eggs
- juice of ½ orange
- 2 Tbsp. whiskey (I used Bushmills)
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, orange juice, whiskey and cinnamon.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Place each piece of pumpkin bread in the egg mixture and coat thoroughly on each side.
- Remove coated bread slices to the hot skillet.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Remove french toast from skillet and top with a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 22.8 g
- Sodium: 91.6 mg
- Fat: 4.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 146 mg
Keywords: bread, quick bread, brunch
Team Life As A Strawberry
WAHOO! Happy to hear you enjoyed this French toast!
Jessie:-) It was great meeting you for early Thanksgiving. I am in the recipe "archives" and I think this Pumpkin Bread French Toast with Orange and Whiskey just might have to be Christmas morning breakfast at our house this year...looks yummmmmmmmmmmmy!
Your recipes are so easy. Thanks. I'm going to make most of those appetizers for a party on the 28th. Thanks
GENIUS. Thanks for the splendid, splendid idea!
Important question: what's your favorite pumpkin bread recipe?? I have my favorite banana bread and zucchini bread recipes, but haven't found a pumpkin bread recipe I love yet. Thanks 🙂
I have one that I "loosely" adhere to, but My Baking Addiction or Chew Out Loud both have good recipes! I have to get my go-to recipe written down and up on the blog one of these days 🙂