OH, MAN. It’s been a busy few weeks. I’ve been reading textbooks and writing papers working on the Sustainable Seafood Blog Project and lamenting my inability to understand economics. And then suddenly, out of nowhere, it’s OCTOBER. WHAT?! Ridiculous.
Fortunately, fall means pumpkins. And pumpkins mean pumpkin bread. And pumpkin bread means PUMPKIN BREAD FRENCH TOAST AKA MY NEW FAVORITE THING EVER. (YES THE CAPITAL LETTERS ARE NECESSARY).
But seriously. I can’t believe I never thought of this before. It’s kind of a game-changer. You should probably make it as soon as possible.
Also, I added whiskey. You’re totally welcome.
- 4 large slices of your favorite pumpkin bread
- 3 large eggs
- juice of ½ orange
- 2 Tbsp. whiskey (I used Bushmills)
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, orange juice, whiskey and cinnamon.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Place each piece of pumpkin bread in the egg mixture and coat thoroughly on each side.
- Remove coated bread slices to the hot skillet.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Remove french toast from skillet and top with a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Serve immediately and enjoy!